Consider the size of the pallet shelf
There are two of the most common beam width dimensions of pallet shelves:
– 2300 mm wide shelves can be placed two pallets of 1200mm x 1000mm;
– 2700 mm wide shelves can be placed three pallets of 1200mm×800mm.
Consider the size of the transport vehicle
The appropriate tray size should conform to the size of the transport to,
- make full use of the space of the transport,
- increase the loading rate,
- reduce the transportation costs,
- especially considering the size of the container of the shipping container and transport commercial vehicle.
Consider the packaging specifications for palletized goods
The appropriate pallet should be selected according to the packaging specifications of the pallet loaded goods:
- Maximize the use of the surface area of the pallet — More than 80% of the surface area of the pallet;
- Control the height of the center of gravity of the loaded goods — The centre of gravity of the cargo contained shall not exceed two thirds of the width of the pallet
Consider the versatility of pallet sizes
- The most popular:1200mm ×1000mm;
- European: 1200mm×1000mm or 1200mm×800mm;
- Japan, Korea: 1100mm×1100mm;
- Oceania: 1140mm×1140mm or 1067mm×1067mm.